Saturday, May 14, 2011

Learning Elf: Why this title

Some time back, Sebastien and I were putting together a new role play for the gang and for a character he asked what would be an idealized card form of ourselves. I thought long and hard, i am a on and off player of Yu-Gi-Oh TCG. I had been using the nick name "shadow tamer" some time based on the arch-fiend card. However, despite using this moniker since High School i realized it wasn't me. I did some searching and found the "Learning Elf." It only appearance was actually in the Yugioh GX manga and never made it into a card. I thought it ideal at the time as i was in then my final year at UG. Studying English Literature more often than not i had my nose in a book. In our rpg, my character, The Learning Elf, Ismene (greek for knowledge) is the keeper of the Book Of Secret Arts. Hence for the group she is the keeper of knowledge. She is constantly researching, gathering information and learning. Elves are not a Guyanese thing, however i consider the Learning Elf to be my alter ego. Hence the title of this blog.


1 comment:

  1. Remember when everyone thought you were Gleason due to the SHADOW name? Maybe thats why Joe never joined the confrences till someone chimed in and told him TAMER was you. Well I gotta admit, the whole Learning Elf thing, fits you better because ya's a lil bookworm. Then again, so am I. :P but I'm Dark Magician Whoot!

    ReplyDelete